Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy-Haps.

There's been a lot happening in Chaotic Divinity since my last update, so I'll fill you in on the salient points.

On Friday, Chaotic Divinity took down Sulfuron, the eighth boss in Molten Core. Not only was this an awesome event in it's own right, it also allowed four members of CD to complete the Hands Of The Enemy quest that's needed to summon the ninth and penultimate boss, Majordomo Executus. Wulfsblood was sadly not present as I'd decided to start farming Rugged Leather to get Wulf the Amulet Of The Darkmoon. That said, I did take a brief break from my skinning to join a battle in Alterac Valley. I was finally able to get Honoured Reputation with them, which enabled me to buy some nice ammunition.

On Saturday afternoon, the folks of Chaotic Divinity made their first one-day Zul'Gurrub run. They managed to kill all five aspect priests and Hakkar The Soulflayer in four hours, with enough time left to also down one of the side-bosses, the Bloodlord Mandokir. Wulfsblood was once again busy farming leather.

One thing I was determined not to miss, however, was the fight against Onyxia, the Broodmother on Saturday night. The fight was difficult, as they always are, but in the end we triumphed and she went down for the first time to Chaotic Divinity. In the end, a rogue won the head and the glory of our first Onyxia kill, but the sheer adrenaline of the event, and the subsequent mounted parade through Stormwind was amazing!

On Sunday, I was prepared to grind more with Wulf, but a shortage of online Hunters saw me join another one-day run through Zul'Gurrub. We didn't quite have the pace of the first day, but we got Hakkar down in the end. More to the point, Wulf got a really nice necklace, which kinda rendered the grind work he'd done for the Darkmoon Faire one worthless. I ultimately decided to let another Hunter in CD have my accumulated leather so that he can get his Amulet when the Faire's next in town. He can then give me leather back until I've recouped my grinding. Then I might just get it for the heck of it.

Sunday night saw us take our first run at Majordomo in Molten Core. It's a difficult fight, since you have eight additional enemies to deal with on top of the boss running around causing all manner of mischief. I'm sad to say that despite something like five tries, we didn't get him down, but we left with the resolve to do better next time!

Monday saw us take on Onyxia. Unfortunately, despite some good attempts, we were unable to repeat Saturday's success. Ah well, soon we'll have the fight down to the trivial skirmish it should rightfully be!

And then last night, we made our last run at Majordomo before the instance resetted. We made four attempts in total, but we finally managed to kill all of his guards, which caused him to run off leaving us with a chest full of phat lewt and a clear run against the Firegod Ragnaros.

I would just like to reiterate how amazing it has been seening CD go from a beleagured alliance of friends who were hit by setback after setback just before Christmas, into the indomitable group of hardcore raiders we are today. After a shaky start, I never expected us to get this far this quickly, but it's been amazing to see.

No comments: