Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Incoming + Defense Advice

So it's almost here. Excited folks? I know I am!

For those of you unsure about what to do, Ciderhelm over at Tankspot has made a nice guide for folks. It's slightly Warrior-centric, but most of it applies to Tankadins as well, except for the bit about stacking Shield Block value, which really on applies to Warriors before level 75 when we get Shield of Righteousness. And we probably don't need quite as much food/healing potions.

For me, I'm sticking with Ulu's main tanking gear as shown in the armory for the most part. I'm going to keep a few spare +Defense items on hand for when the increase in the Defense Rating-to-point but I'm not bothered too much if I become slightly crittable in the levelling dungeons. I could create a secondary "DPS" set which focussed on Strength/AP, but that just feels like too much effort for not enough reward.

On the subject of +Defense though, I'd advise each and every one of you to keep your eyes out for items with a high amount of +Defense Rating as you level. Currently to reach uncrittable at level 70 we need 328 Defense Rating (2.34 Defense Rating = 1 Defense Skill). At level 80 that becomes the rather frightening 689! (4.92 rating = 1 skill). Then again, with the removal of Crushing blows from Raid bosses, that 689 is our only hard-and-fast gearing requirement, so get it, and then get other tanking stats as you like.

No comments: