Thursday, February 07, 2008

Why Do I Fight?

Galoheart, by way of Kaziel asks why do you fight?

For me, it's PVE all the way. Ever since I started playing video games in the early 90s I've found games that allowed cooperative multiplayer to be the most interesting and satisfying. There is no better feeling for me than being in a group that's perfectly coordinated and dedicated to defeating an encounter.

I PVP a bit with Wulf, but that's mainly for relaxation and to remind me that however much CD frustrates me on occasion, there's much worse out there. I'm not passionate enough about PVP to subscribe to another game to play it, unlike the crowd who are waiting on Warhammer Online.

In fact, if there's a game that's likely to tear me away from WoW, it's Age of Conan. And that simply because I've always enjoyed the source material and the vaguely Lovecraftian overtones of the setting. It's far more interesting to me than Warhammer's Nihilism for Teenagers background.

So, why do you fight?

2 comments:

Corey said...

I have to agree with you Wulf on the aspect of PVE being the main reason I am involved in WoW. The teamwork and coordination involved in completing an encounter successfully is a huge factor in why I play this game and the other being those who I team with. Getting together with friends I have leveled with and running instances/raids are my favorite things to do.

Unknown said...

Agreed... PVE all the way. 5mans, 10mans, 25mans are the only thing I'm doing in game at the moment. I nearly cried when I had to grind honor for the S1 mace.