Friday, January 04, 2008

Where's Wal-erm I mean Wulfie?

Well you may have noticed that since 2.3 I've had a lot to say about Ulu, where does this leave our Titular Protagonist?

The simple answer is: In the Arenas. Whilst 2.3 enabled Tankadins to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the other DPS classes, it also gave some enhancements to the Hunter's viability in PVP.

Given CD is generally strong on DPs, I've repurposed Wulf to pander to my occasional desire for some PVP action. The gearing philosophy's quite different. In raids, my main concern is to make sure Wulf's Hit Rating is as close to the 140 cap as possible, then after that I ramp up his attack power, since that boosts both him and his pet's overall DPS. In PVP, my damage output is secondary to survivability. I've ramped up his Stamina and Resilience, and then focussed on his Crit Rating for more burst damage.

I have fun now when I'm doing PVP dailies or playing Arenas with friends, although scheduling time to play the weekly matches around raids and other commitments is a challenge in itself.

No comments: