Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Like a Kid at Christmas

Well Patch 2.3's here, technically, although I won't get to experience it for another couple of hours or so. I feel like a kid at christmas waiting to open his new presents.

Managed to get the last six badges I required either side of last night's Tempest Keep raid (we tried Al'ar, and got him to the end of phase one. Not a bad start).

As soon as the patch is installed tonight, I'll be grabbing the belt and boots I've mentioned in previous posts. I'm especially chuffed about finally upgrading my belt, since I've had the old one for ages.

After that, we're off to Zul'Aman to hopefully pwn the first two bosses. More on that tomorrow!

Being the anal, obsessive geek I am, I've already run a spreadsheet (made by another anal, obsessive geek) to calculate Ulu's new stats post-patch. The numbers look encouraging, although his Defense score continues to dip below the required 490. It's currently 489, and with the new gear it'll probably be 488. In practical terms, this isn't too much of a concern, since I have Resilience on my current shield to boost my crit-immunity, but if that shield gets replaced, I may be in trouble unless I use a defense/stamina hybrid gem in place of one of my stamina gems.

Speaking of stamina, I'm looking forward to Ulu getting a lot more of it. He currently sits comfortably at 13.5k health unbuffed, whilst the equivalently-geared Warriors in CD sit at nearer 15k. Whilst I've never been asked to sit aside because of Ulu's stats, I always felt bad about bringing Ulu as a Main Tank to progression fights over tougher tanks. After tonight, I doubt I'll have much reason to.

No comments: