Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Even More Heroic Deeds

I've been focussing on Heroics recently for a number of reasons. The most obvious one is that with 2.3 round the corner, I want to get as many badges as possible.

Also CD's raiding has kinda hit another slump. A lot of folks are bored with Kara right now and our 25-mans have been sufferring since two of our main tanks and another raid leader have been taking breaks. This has lead to more pressure/responsibility on yours truly, which is tiresome. As a result, I really don't wanna raid right now.

Still, Heroics prove to be a nice way to let off steam with a small group of friends and a minimal commitment of time and effort. Last night, I started, as I often do, with a run through Shattered Halls Heroic with some CD folk. This instance has many groups of hard-hitting melee mobs. In short, it was designed for a Paladin to AoE tank in.

After that, since it didn't look like the raid was going to happen, we took the same group to Mechanar Heroic for some quick badge farming. All in all, including changeover time, we managed to collect ten badges in about three hours. We won't be setting any records, but I was happy nonetheless. I also managed to grab a nice gem which will be going into my new boots in 2.3.

After that, I had Peter asking me to come tank for him, Bluebottle, and a couple of friends from their new raid group. In the end, we settled on Heroic Blood Furnace, an instance I had very little experience with. We wiped a few times, partially because we were tired, partially because it was getting late and the server was getting laggy in the way it always does just before Wednesday morning maintenance. Still we cleared it in the end, and I got another three badges added to my collection.

I'm hoping tonight I can do Shattered Halls again, and maybe Mechanar, they're both fun, fast and five badges worth of goodness apiece.

Edit: Changed the link from BBCode to HTML. Urk, spending too much time on forums these days.

1 comment:

Admin said...

I had great fun - thanks for coming. :-D