Monday, June 18, 2007

Heroic Deeds and Cockblocking Princes.

Friday night was Karazhan, cleared Attumen, Moroes, the Maiden of Virtue, Big Bad Wolf(again!) and the Curator in one evening. Also made three attempts on the Shade of Aran, but failed to get him down. Loot was of a distinctly Caster-y variety.

On Saturday, I did some Heroics, to start saving for my Helm. First up was Underbog, which we cleared fairly painlessly and I got a nice trinket off the last boss.

Later in the afternoon, I did Heroic Auchenai Crypts and Mana Tombs. The pulls in the first room in Crypts are utterly insane, but after the first boss proper, the difficulty tapers off to a more managable level. After that, we moved on to try Heroic Mana Tombs, which was a lot easier. It helped that most of the mobs were casters, which meant they didn't hit that hard. Sadly, the loot gods didn't smile on Ulu on either run, still he got another five Badges of Justice.

I was offerred a space in a Heroic Shattered Halls run in the evening, but I passed in order to go on a couple of regular five-mans with some friends who aren't quite at the hardcore heroics farming stage. First up was Shadow Labyrinth, and then Arcatraz. Neither proved to be a significant challenge, but it was nice to relax with friends.

On Sunday, I did a Heroic Slave Pens run. Was reasonably smooth, and we got all the bosses down first time despite a couple of wipes on dodgy trash pulls. Four more badges for the collection, but no loot of note.

After that, it was regular Steamvaults with some friends. Run was smooth, but the last boss resolutely refused to drop the cape I saught.

After that, it was back to Karazhan. We managed to get the Shade of Aran down first time, then we cleared the Chess and moved on for some training on the Prince:



Ulu was main tank for the Prince attempts, and his entire responsibility was to get the Prince in position, keep his attention and mitigate enough of the damage that the healers can keep him alive.

The last one proved to be problematic. At every fight, we'd get him to 40% and all of a sudden Ulushnar would die in two hits. I'm having problems at the moment maintaining 490 Defense (to avoid Critical Hits), 102.4% Avoidance (to avoid Crushing Blows) along with a decent amount of health (16.5k raid buffed doesn't seem to be cutting it). This is something I'm going to go into in more depth later, but I'm going to need to work like a mofo to upgrade some of my items before the next time I tank him. However, I'm going to leave you with a tanks-eye view of a typical boss fight:



Nuthin but feet and crotch! ;)

No comments: