Thursday, November 09, 2006

Back to the matter in hand!

Well, looking back over my last few posts, there's been a lot of moping, moaning and angsting about the logistics of trying to hold a raid group together, and not enough about my exploits as a hunter!

Where to begin?

Recently, as part of an experiment, I got the pieces together for a set of epic gloves with an interesting ability:

"On successful melee or ranged attack gain 8 mana and if possible drain 8 mana from the target."

Given that Wulf's mana pool is something like 4110 at best, it doesn't seem like much, but I was interested to see how they'd work out in-game. Combining it with a set of gear with some additional mana regeneration on it, I decided to put it to the test. The results thusfar have been encouraging since I can now happily grind upwards of a dozen elite dragonkin before running out of mana, which really boosts my grinding efficency.

Might see if I can get a group willing to go to Dire Maul West at some point to try and get me one of these beauties to boost my efficency further. :D

Speaking of grinding, that's pretty much all Wulf's good for atm, so I've repurposed him slightly for that. I was holding off changing his talent spec until the 1.13 pre-BC patch, but in the end weakened and went back to a 20/31/0 spec to boost my pet for grinding. Still can't solo the demons in southern Winterspring though. That said, I'm finding I have next to no downtime against the Dragonkin, and I can grind them faster and easier that the supposed cash cow that is Tyr's Hand. I'm currently about 300G short of Wulf's epic mount fund, and I'll hopefully manage that at the weekend.

No comments: