Friday, August 08, 2008

Preparing for Wrath...

I've been slowly getting my ass in gear for the Expansion.

First thing up is getting my hands on my Epic Flyer at long last. Between powerlevelling professions, respecs and the occasional splurge on epic gems on the AH, I must have squandered nearly 20k Gold over the 18 months or so I've been playing Ulushnar. This is gonna stop now, I'm going to grind my dailies like a mad thing and get Artisan Riding for Ulu at least. I'm currently 2k gold in with 3k to go. should be doable if I don't slack.

I've also got my hands on a decent one-hander for Hammer of the Righteous. Depending on Wether or not the speed's been normalised in the Expansion, I'll end up using either the Spiteblade or King's Defender unless something better drops in the meantime.

I'm also giving consideration to dropping Enchanting for Mining closer to the expansion release date. Mining gives a healthy stamina boost now and it'll also make levelling Engineering in the Xpac much easier.

Finally, I'm thinking about my raiding situation post-WotLK. There are people who I enjoy raiding with in CD, but I'm more and more attracted to the notion of setting up a small 15-20 man guild and focussing solely on the 10-man side of content. The new Guild Calendar introduced in Wrath seems really nice, and along with the Guild Bank, it seems the non-guild Raid Group is something of an awkward anachronism.

Of course the problem is that a lot of the people I'd currently want to fill this ten-man guild are in Guilds that they have friends in and probably wouldn't leave.

Ah well, we'll see what the next couple of months bring.

2 comments:

Ardent Defender said...

Doing all the Dailies in a fast efficient way helps get you there that being the SSO and all the other dailies.

Unfortunately is you dont have a Epic Flyer you can't do Nethewing Quests Dailies for the the other 11-15 or so quests at 10-18g each. Those really adds up I knew when I did them. If i remember when i got my Epic Flyer after spending the 5Kg a while back.

With all the dailies I had and this was pre SSO implemented I kept doing all my dailies after i spent the gold for the new flyer and withing just over 2 weeks I had all that 5Kg back I had spent. But they you would have had to have had access to Netherwing to do those with a Epic Flyer first which you still need.

Mining does make a bit of Money. Since i leveled up my Hunter which is a non raiding alt mainly for 5 man instance fun but mainly for farming whatever I need when not Tanking. I'm made quite a bunch mining Ore around Outland and just timing the market on AH and not ever oversupplying it. That adds up to a bit of gold.

And since my Hunter has skinning also that adds up. Farming Cobra Scales or that Blue leather from the Netherwing Dragons in Netherstorm adds up a bunch. When i feel like farming something.

All in all just need to work your plan to get all the gold quickly doing dailies for farming it.

Right now I'm sitting on over 10Kg for the Expansion and I'm not really trying to hard to make money. But If i was really focusing on making money for the new expansion im sure I could double that fast with dailies for just farming valuable Skins or Ore as well or doing some alchemy on my main.

But As a Tank and since you have Enchanting. I've heard you can make a bunch in places like Strat and places like that by just pulling most or if not all the instance and DEing all the green and blues for enchanting mats and shards. From what i know thats few hundred gold a hour rate profitable being a Paladin Tank and a Enchanter the same time.

But with 4 months to go you should have the 5kg for the Flyer. The thing is what other gold sink Blizz will have that you will need another 5Kg for to buy in WotLK. So for that I say you need another 5Kg at least also on top the Epic Flyer.

Ardent Defender said...

You also have the option of running Heroics just to get the Badges and then turn them into Gems per 10 badges which sells from anywhere 350-450g depending on server.

Or Turning them into Nether Vortexes which sell for around that much as well.