Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meanwhile On Live...

So Beta predictably crashed about an hour after I logged in last night. With a sigh, I closed down the client, fired up WoW normal and went back to working on my mining.

Just after I hit 375, I went off to Shattered Halls normal to help a guildie through a run there.

After that, I ran through Dum Morogh, Loch Modan, The Wetlands and the Arathi Highlands on a mammoth mining spree. I'm still considering levelling Blacksmithing for WotLK, and I'm determined to grind enough mats to do so ahead of time, rather than my normal "grind a bit, give up and spend a fortune on the AH".

Switching to Blacksmithing now wouldn't be terrible, since I'll still have my T5 helm to tide me over in place of the Goggles. I'd lose some Avoidance and stamina, but I'd gain spelldamage and block value. That said, I'll make the final call if and when the loot gods are kind enough to drop a Battleworn Tuskguard in my lap.

I'm actually considering copying my newly 375 mining Ulu over to Beta so I can start mining those Cobalt Nodes that have been looking enticingly at me. If I actually do level Blacksmithing, then I'm definately shifting him across.

Anyway, it seems that CD's raiding is finally starting to pick up again. Sign-ups have been strong for the upcoming Mount Hyjal runs. Of course with them being MH runs, Ulu's needed.

Gah, why couldn't my Beta Key have arrived a fortnight ago?!

No comments: