Thursday, July 31, 2008

Are you prepared?

If there's one kind of thread that annoys me (well not exactly annoys, more disheartens me) it's the proliferation of "am I ready for ?" threads.

Maybe I've been blessed with indulgent (or tank-starved) friends in this game, but my "readiness" has never been a factor in my calculations.

My first level 70 instance with Ulushnar was tanking Warlord Kalithresh in Steamvaults at level 67. I was undergeared and succeptible to crushes from him, but dagnabbit, I went in there anyway. The week after that, I got the wind knocked out my sails when I tried Shadow Labyrinth at level 69, but I went back a few days later at 70 and totally killed him.

I was still crushable when I first entered Karazhan, and this was before the 2.3 stamina. I still had a ball and ended up outtanking the Warrior we had with us!

Any time I've had to face new content with Ulu, I've rarely asked anyone "am I ready for this?". I read the strats, dive in there, and if it all goes wrong, I then ask for advice on how I can improve.

And that's the best advice I can give anyone. Don't worry if you're ready to do something: try it and then find out. If it all goes to crap, then go and ask someone how to do better.Kalithresh

No comments: