Monday, May 26, 2008

AoC: F*** PVP!

Well I didn't get much time to play AoC this weekend, as I was visiting friends and then partaking in a moderately successful SSC raid with Ulu.

After the raid I went online and did a few quests in Cimmeria with Aretus. Was going ok, but when I was going to do the last quest of the night (kill an Alpha Wolf for some whining brat) when an Assassin destealths and begins to gib me.

I die, ress, rebuff and run back to the spot, figuring the Assassin's moved on, but no, the bitch is there waiting for me as I engage the mob.

As I was running back again (which was a wasted effort it seems, I was credited for the kill even though I died before the mob), I asked myself a simple question: "am I having fun here?" The answer was a simple "no".

The real reason I rolled here was because a mate of mine from CD was intending to roll here. He apparently has and is refusing to tell people who he is. I suspect he's just looking to gank folks, which is his freakshow.

Tonight I'm going to roll Aretus again on the PVE-RP server where I can hopefully focus on the things I enjoy: tanking and aoe-grinding without looking over my shoulders for opportunistic gankers.

No comments: