Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Right to Reply.

In reply to Peter's comment on my last post:

I was talking about the Steamvault run on Monday, but the same problems repeated themselves last night in Botanica (with almost exactly the same group).

To be honest, part of the problem was the healer druid wasn't specced with threat reduction as well. I'm happy to let the 'Lock commit assited suicide, but when the the Healer pulls aggro, I'm duty-bound to step in.

The other Druid on those runs *was* specced for threat reduction, but didn't want to offer to take over until the end unless the healer took it the wrong way.

I honestly dunno how Warrior tanks cope when they can't apply Blessing of Salvation to the rest of the group.

In a side issue, I hate the way Pally tanks and Rogues work together atm. If you've sapped a mob, I can't use my shield pull for fear of breaking the sap. I also can't use Consecrate if the sapped mob is near, but this is true of other forms of CC. This means I don't get to frontload as much aggro on the incoming mobs and that means the healers will get aggro. Of course as of today, Avenger's Shield no longer has a minimum range, so I can try using it on the mobs early to cement aggro.

No comments: