Thursday, December 07, 2006

Post patch: First thoughts.

Went with this Beastmastery/Marksmanship spec in the end:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=mE0h0xxRVuVoVx

The white numbers are sick! My wolf went up from 70DPS pre-patch (with 20points in BM) to 107DPS post-patch, and that's before factoring Frenzy, Bestial Wrath and Ferocious Inspiration.

For my part, I had something like 1480 RAP-self-buffed before the patch, that now sits at 1184. That said, thanks to Serpent's Swiftness and the new 22DPS vendor ammo, my self-buffed paperdoll DPS has gone up from 190 to 224!

Haven't tested it in raid situation, but the inital numbers look encouraging. Although I suspect a lack of Mortal Shots will hurt my overall raid damage output somewhat.

I'd taken some before and after screenshots, but I've yet to upload them for the web, so they'll wait for a future post.

No comments: