Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Talents and 3.0

Well because I happen to live in the cradle of civilisation as opposed to one of the god-forsaken colonies, I will have to wait until tomorrow evening to try out the myriad delights of Patch 3.0.2.

I suppose the only thing to do is list the probable talent spec for 3.0.

After some thought, I'm going to start with a 4/51/6 spread.

My original plan was a slightly more conventional 5/51/5 but recent news has led me to change my mind.

I switched one point from Seals of the Pure to Improved Judgement so I can better fit in the 6 and 9 second skill rotations. I also got Shield of the Templar since Ghostcrawler has said it will soon include a 3% damage reudction. Those points would have otherwise rounded out One-Handed Weapon Spec and Ardent Defender.

By level 80, I intend Ulu's tanking spec to be 5/56/10.

4 comments:

flavadave11 said...

Can you help me tweak your build but add some AoE grinding too it, ala reckoning, im still working on my netherwing drake and have been doing that most of the time with some heroics on the weekends.

Paul said...

Well, i'll be using this spec for AoEing stuff. To be honest, Reckoning's kinda underwhelming now thanks to Seal of Vengeance being so reliable.

I suppose you could switch the points from Improved HoJ to Reckoning if you wanted. That's what I was gonna do until I read the Hoj change.

flavadave11 said...

Thanks for the advice,
Unfortunatly I'm a blood elf so I don't get seal of vengence unless they changed something I didn't notice in the patch.

Paul said...

Yes, you missed something.

That something is Seal of Corruption, which is Seal of Vengeance by another name for an arcane game-coding reason.