Monday, September 08, 2008

Imagine a world without Crushing Blows.

Well when 3.0 comes around and Ulu's free of the yolk that is 102.4%, I'm
looking forward to grabbing some items I'd previously overlooked or benched
because of the need to keep Uncrushability.

Shattrath Protectorate Breastplate: Whilst it's only really a good threat piece on Live, in Beta it's pretty solid, due to it having more +Defense than
the Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian and also a good chunk of Hit Rating, which will be useful once we lose Precision.

Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx: At the moment, I need the Wristguards of Determination to hit uncrushability. In 3.0, I'll finally be able to look at these as a viable option, especially with the nice Expertise.

Girdle of the Fearless: Well ok, I don't have this yet, but I have the badges sitting in the bank and with the itemization changes, it's looking like a tasty option.

Bulwark of the Amani Empire: At the moment, I'm using my Illidari Runeshield for better Armor and threat. In 3.0, the only reason for me not to go back to this bad boy will be if Kaz'rogal drops his shield.

Libram of Divine Purpose: This is more about kissing goodbye to
the Libram of Repentance than it is saying hello to the Libram of DP. I don't actually use Seal of Righteousness too much on Beta atm, as I much prefer Seal of Vengeance. Might go with Libram of the Eternal Rest after all.

I honestly wasn't expecting them to reitemize our existing gear, but I'm
really glad they did. Can't wait to try all this out on a real live raid boss
after 3.0. It may be heresy to admit it, but i've always been envious of
Warriors and their ability to go after whatever gear they want without having
to appease some arcane ratio. I'm really looking forward to judging each and
every tanking drop on it's own merits rather than thinking "I can't stay
uncrushable with that" or "that's better for a Warrior".

No comments: