Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Farming FTW

Well last night I didn't manage to get much levelling done with Ulushnar, as I spent most of the night running around the low-level zones picking herbs to increase his Herbalism skill. I have to say, if nothing else then the change to dual gathering professions will dramatically increase his cashflow up to 70. Being able to sell all my herbs, ore and stones usually earns more cash than making items with them and trying to sell them. I may actually be able to get an epic flying mount with Ulu at 70!

As time goes on with Ulu, I'm starting to realise he might not be the best choice to tank endgame raid instances. Palading tank itemisation in the endgame skimps too much on things we need like Stamina and Sheild Block Rating and wastes too many points on things we don't like Mana Regen. To this end I'm considering investing a fair amount of his points in the Holy tree so He can act as a Healer when he's not off-tanking in instances.

I also logged Wulf in for a while to help some folks with a Heroic Instance. The Heroics are still insanely challenging as one wrong pull normally means the entire group dies. Since I'm no longer bothered with doing solo stuff with Wulf, I respecced him to deep Survival so that he can keep mobs well trapped at all times.

No comments: