Friday, January 05, 2007

More on the countdown.

Stormpaw's going on his first raid tonight, to the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. Unless it goes stunningly well, I'm gonna lean more and more towards Option 3 from yesterday's post. The more I think about it, the more I see the joy in Storm coming as much from the levelling and gearing up of the character as the playing itself.

If I pare Wulf down to something resembling this, then I have item drops that I can actually look forward to. Whilst it's nice having the higher tier gear, it's really only worth having for three reasons:

1) It makes the high end raid encounters much easier.
2) It makes you more powerful in PVP.
3) It enhances your "bragging rights".

None of these reasons are enough for me to stick with it, so in the bin they'll likely go. Although knowing my mind, I'll probably change my mind half a dozen times or so before the 16th.

1 comment:

Andrew Girdwood said...

It's hard to dismiss bragging rights :)