Monday, January 29, 2007

Even further into the Burning Crusade...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a picture of Wulf after the weekend with his Ravager pet, Feature (it's not a bug...). I'm almost ashamed to say that I did nothing but play Wow all weekend. Still, I managed a lot in that time:

I got home Friday and ended up doing runs to the first two wings of the Auchindoun Instance. It was good fun, although largely lootless. After the first wing, Mana Tombs, Wulf dinged 66 and gained access to the Kill Command ability. As a damage-dealing ability, it's kinda mediocre, but it's useful to give your pet's aggro-building abilities a boost.

After the runs, I spent a few hours questing in and around Naggrand, getting Wulf a good way to level 67 before going to bed. I also finished collecting materials for a nice upgrade for Wulf's pants.

I then spent Saturday questing and running Dungeons with friends. Nothing too significant there except for the fact that I completed a quest that gave me a nice gun that was a significant upgrade to the other ranged weapons Wulf had. The only downside is that I didn't have access to a good Ammo Pouch for it, so I consigned it to my bags. I noticed that The Consortium had a decent ammo pouch available at Honored reputation, so I went back to Nagrand and started killing Ogres for beads, which I could turn in for reputation with them. Somewhere in between questing, grinding and helping friends in Dungeons, Wulf hit lvl 67. It's all pretty much a blur now.

On Sunday morning, I got up and got the last 90 beads I needed to reach Honored with The Consortium. It took me about three hours, and it turned out I only needed 80! That grind over, I went exploring through the Blade's Edge Mountains and Netherstorm zones looking for the Consortium's stronghold, Stormspire. Both zones look pretty interesting, and I'm going to make a point of questing there when I've finished Nagrand. I arrived in Stormspire only to find that the Pouch also required Wulf to be lvl 68 to equip it! ><

I still had half a level to go, but I'd done enough solo stuff by that point. I spent the afternoon running the Auchindon instances again with friends, still no loot, but Wulf got tantalisingly close to lvl 68. After the third run, my friends called it a night, but I was unable to. I went back to Nagrand and did some easy quests to get the last of the XP and dinged 68!

The Gun's nice, but it's the first Gun Wulf's ever had to use, so I spent an hour or so killing Spiders in Terokkar Forest to get his Gun Skill up to a useful level. I also spent a scandalous amount of gold to learn Wulf's new abilities at lvl 67 and 68, but I've yet to test them out.

No comments: