Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Naxxaramas: The Death of the Hunter Class.

(Copied from a rant I made on the Cd forums.)

This thread fucking depressed the shit out of me. It gave me flashbacks to forums before the 1.7 "Hunter love" patch again.

Cut through the whining and beating of breasts and at the core, there seems to be a very real problem: Our DPS just doesn't scale with the other classes past BWL level. And when you get down to it, apart from the tacked-on Tranq Shot fights, we're here for our DPS, which is becoming quickly obsolete. Therefore, why take a Hunter over a Rogue, Mage or 'Lock? Hell, even those DPS warriors in CD who haven't already out-DPSed us will be doing so soon.

Which is a fair point, most of the in-game ranged weapons were designed under assumptions that were changed in the 1.10 patch. The only ranged weapon in the game that offers a decent upgrade to a Ashjre'thul/Huhuran's Stinger-equipped Hunter drops from the last boss in the Naxxaramas! Imagine a meleer getting a nice weapon from Chromaggus and then finding out there's nothing more worthwhile for them in the following two instances.

Guess I should get back to levelling my alt before I find myself doomed to obsolecence. :(

No comments: