Sunday, April 02, 2006

Loot and the beginnings of an epic task...

OK, so yesterday afternoon, I agreed to go on a run through Dire Maul East with some friends from Chaotic Divinity, looking for, but not expecting to get, a Libram of Rapidity for the Hunter's Zul'Gurub Enchant. I really should learn to have more faith, since one dropped off the third mob we pulled in there. Now all I need is one more Blood of Heroes and I can run off to ZG to enhance Wulf's helm further.

After the run, it was Chaotic Divinity's second attempt at running Molten Core in one night. Our first had been on Friday and was cut short by an unscheduled server reset. This did mean, however, that we were able to kill and loot the first six bosses again. *grin*

We pretty much rocked the instance. First pull was at 19.15 server time, and we downed Ragnaros at around 23.45. There were deaths along the way, but we never wiped, despite some occasionally sloppy boss kills. The Highlight for me was after downing Majordomo Executus, when I finally got my Ancient Petrified Leaf, which started the quest to get Wulf's epic Bow and Staff, two of the best weapons he can presently obtain.

Portalled to Darnassuss after Ragnaros went down and handed in the Leaf quest, which netted me a cool 5G 97s (I love that change in 1.10!). I then got my three quests, kill the four demons for the staff, hand in the black sinew for the bow string and hand in the blue sinew for the quiver. Since I had the Black Sinew already, I handed that in for anothe 5G 97s!!!

First headed up to Winterspring, but there was no sign of Artorius on his normal patrol route. Was semi-relieved since I didn't feel 100% confident to take him without some peeps on crowd control (he spawns near Frostsaber Rock).

A fellow CD Hunter offerred to join me at that point, so we headed down to Un'Goro, where, once again, there was no demon. He stayed there to grind whilst I went for a look in Silithus. The demon Solenor was there, sure enough, but proved to be every bit as hard as everyone said he was. I made about three or four attempts against him, but I don't think I got him below 75% on any of them.

After that, I hearthed back to Stormwind, decided to look into Burning Steppes then go to bed. There was no sign of Kilnfran, so I logged and went to sleep.

Got up early this morning with a bad case of insomnia and decided to log in and try my luck. Kilnfran was there and I managed four attempts with corpse runs before he despawned. I kept on thinking I had more time on the Scorpid Sting debuff than I actually did, and he kept owning me. I had a thought that chain-trapping might work, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Just been over to Un'goro, and still no sign of Simone. Sad I'm gonna be offline most of the day as well, so no more attempts this weekend I think.

No comments: