Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New loots.

Ok, there hasn't been much to update since my return to play, I've participated in a few raids, and spent a fair amount of time getting my Argent Dawn reputation up to Honored in order to get some nice shoulder enchants from them.

Saturday was a bit ridiculous. In a 16-hour period, I went through a ludicrous amount of instances instances: Scholomance, Dire Maul East, Blackrock Depths, Blackwing Lair and finally Stratholme (both sides).

Then yesterday, I logged in after work to find an Onyxia Scale Cloak waiting for me. This proved to be interestingly timed, as we were about to go and kill her again that night. It's a bit of a drop in my damage-dealing ability, but it looks pimp as hell, and it's vital to have one for later progress through Blackwing Lair.

The Onyxia kill was smooth, probably our best yet. And the rewards for me were excellent. First up, I spent my hard-earned DKP on Onyxia's Head, which I was able to turn in later for a really nice necklace. Then, secondly and most importantly, she dropped the Mature Black Dragon Sinew, a vital component in the Hunter's Epic Quest.

Now all I need is for Majordomo Executus to comply and drop the Leaf I require in a future Molten Core run , and then kill four pesky little Demons without the aid of my friends or my pet. The Leaf's proven to be a problem: we've killed him about nine times to date, and the (supposedly 50% droprate) Ancient Petrified Leaf has only dropped twice. In comparison, the Sinew from Onyxia is only a 15% droprate and we've now had it drop four times. This means that we have 2 Hunters with their epic Bows & Staves, and two Hunters desperately waiting for the Leaf to drop. At this rate, it'll be April at the earliest before I get a chance at it.

No comments: