Wednesday, March 01, 2006

More thoughts on the Ragnaros fight.

Last night's fight went really well. After struggling against Ragnaros 3 nights a week for the past month or so we finally managed to take him down. More importantly, we did it without wiping.

The secret, there can be said to be one, is damage. In previous fights, I concentrated too much on gear that would protect me from the fire damage he emits rather than the gear that would give me the most damage. I made up the difference in damage mitigation by buying potions that allowed me to absorb fire damage. It seems others amongst the Hunters and Mages has the same idea, as we were able to get Ragnaros down to 34% health in the all-important first three minutes with minimal casualties. This made the subsequent phases much easier, and lead to his death.

It's also caused me to rethink my gearing priorities somewhat. Previously, I'd intended to save my DKP for the next time I have a shot at the Leaf or Sinew for the Epic Bow, however, I've since decided instead to first concentrate on getting as much good Fire Resistance gear as possible. First priority is getting the rest of the Giantstalker armour set, which I'll further enhance with helm and shoulder enchants. Also, I'll hopefully get the Head of Onyxia from one of our kills so I can pick up this necklace. Combined with my existing FR gear, I should be able to reach 101 Fire Resistance before buffs whilst maintaining a decent level of DPS. It's gonna be a grind getting it all, but I'm up for it.

Also, by the time I've accumulated this lot, all the other CD hunters should have the leaf and I'll get it for next to nothing. :D

No comments: